An Introduction to Sanskrit for Yoga and Sacred Sound Meditation.
The sounds of Sanskrit are harmoniously blended to deepen your practice and empower your voice.
The language of Yoga displays both the precision of mathematics and the eloquence of music.
The arrangement of the devanagari (Sanskrit alphabet) is designed to sequentially follow the resonance of spanda (pulsation) and the power of prana (life force) as breath. Enunciation of Sanskrit sounds clarifies your mind. You become focused on your own embodied experience of sound vibration. The clear, embodied experience of speaking, chanting, and singing the devanagari becomes a euphonic pathway of Nada Yoga–the direct realization of your infinite creative power.
Study Sanskrit to take your yoga practice and teaching to the next level.
Three Tracks of Accomplishment
Choose from three tracks for personal enrichment or Yoga Teacher Accreditation:
300-hour Soul Artist MasterCourse Series.1. Virtual MINI MasterCourse completion counts for 10 study hours toward the
2. Join the Nādā Yoga Immersion in-person for 30 hours Nādā Yoga MasterCourse credit.
3. Receive 300-hour Yoga Accreditation when you complete all MasterCourses & Immersions.
What this course includes:
* You will learn to recognize and pronounce the characters of the Sanskrit Devanāgarī (alphabet).
* Embark on a contemplative study of Nādā Yoga and Sacred Sound.
* Learn key Sanskrit words for teaching…and to explore a deeper experience of yoga.
* Practice leading mantras with confidence and clarity.
* Learn how to recognize āsana names and present yoga sequences in a more meaningful way.
* Receive a life-changing introduction to Tantra Yoga and Mystic Psychology.
Shakti is a Contemplative Mythologist, ritual facilitator, and writer who presents a Tantrik approach to personal empowerment and social action. She studied 3 years of Sanskrit for Yoga at Naropa University and practiced translating Sanskrit texts to inform her doctoral work at Pacifica Graduate Institute. In 2020, Shakti returned to Naropa as adjunct faculty in Religious Studies.
MasterCourses are virtual education programs to prepare for your In-Person Immersions.
Virtual MasterCourses can be taken in any order at any time, as enrolment is ongoing.
Each MasterCourse counts as 10 hours toward the 300-hour Yoga Certification and
includes One/One Mentorship, Live Zoom Practice/Discussion + Pre-recorded Sessions Online.
Register for an individual MasterCourse weekend or apply to attend the entire MasterCourse Series toward 300-hour Certification*. (CEUs are available for Certified Yoga Teachers.)